We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do i get around this blue screen problem ?

ronlin
Resolved

Likes # 0

When i switch my laptop on it begins to go through the start up procedure then all i get is a bue screen no words just a solid blue screen ,and this hangs and nothing else happens , is this because windows is not starting up corectly and what can i do to stop this happening .

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Is it the same in safe mode.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Might be an idea to give some one a clue as to make/ model of laptop, how old it is.

Little things like that some times help.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Operating system? W7 / Vista / XP?

Like this post
ronlin

Likes # 0

Operating system vista premium 32 bit , its an asus X5DIJ series abot 3 years old ,when i start it in safe mode its ok and then i restart its ok again , i also get a screen telling me ; Eror loading c/users/ron/app data ux/pukogibuxidet.dll this specific module couldnt be found . hope that all helps thanks .

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I suggest you scan for malware / viruses that's a pretty weird message nothing on google for pukogibuxidet.dll

Like this post
ronlin

Likes # 0

Thanks for that FB , have done a scan and its coming out clean .

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Search - type msconfig - look in the start up tab for a program may be giving this message.

Like this post
ronlin

Likes # 0

HI again FB , ive done that and found = Khociqasunut , which looks dodgy so ive stopped that and also stopped panda cloud which could be the puk in data ux/strong textpukogibuxidet.dll , lets hope ive cracked it thanks again.

Like this post  
ronlin

Likes # 0

Well FB its starting all over again , the laptop starts up then on comes a solid blue screen , ive tried most things but its still not sorted , so im going to do a full backup and then a full restore back to shop settings .

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried device manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks beside any of your drivers.

If it works ok in safe mode there can't be that much wrong with it.

[Thanks for that FB , have done a scan and its coming out clean .]

Have you used the likes of Malwarebytes or did you just use an anti-virus.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback