We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB ports stopped working Toshiba Satellite P200 HELP!

leonibrooks

Likes # 0

Have re-installed windows xp onto my laptop along with the drivers - a toshiba satellite p200

everything working fine, restart laptop to get the new drivers to kick in and usb ports not working when laptop turnt back on

Am recieving this error message in the computer management next to USB ROOT HUB with a cheery little yellow exclamation mark

*Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)*

For the life of me cannot figure out what driver is connected to this. Have spent 3 hours exhausting google :(

Have reinstalled chipset what ever the hell that is and no change?!

Please can some genius shed some light onto this issue as I'm about to go mental

and please please don't mistake me for a computer expert (clear from this post I'm not!) Im a mere 20 something girl who is extremly out of her depth and have a University deadline looming so any help put in the simplest terms will be AMAZING! :)

MANY MANY MANY THANKS

Leoni

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

You could try right clicking the offending item going into properties, deleting the driver and rebooting.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

everything working fine, restart laptop to get the new drivers to kick in and usb ports not working when laptop turnt back on

Start - Settings - Control Panel - System - Hardware tab - Device manager - Right Click on the affected USB root hub - Properties - Driver tab - Rollback driver

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more