We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Memory Stick hiccup

vassos

Likes # 0

I have used a stick for years to store certain info which I update almost daily. Since yesterday I am being told I cannot save due to a "File Permission Error"!! What is all this about? What causes this?How do I rectify it? Many thanks.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

Having poked and prodded around for half an hour I am now convinced this problem lies with my Microsoft Office Word 2007 blocking the save. I read that others have has similar problem but as yet nobody has come up with a reason or a cure. Any ideas?

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

vassos,

Are you saving your files into a folder on your memory stick or are they being saved into the Root directory? If it is the Root directory then the problem could be that the Root directory has a limit to the number of files that can be saved.

If this is the problem you will need to add a folder and save your files into that folder. You will probably need to remove at least one file from the Root directory to make room for the new folder. This file can be copied to your hard drive and back to the folder when you have made it.

Peter.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

Info is being saved directly to a memory stick or CD. Mostly a stick. I've been battling with this issue all day and haven't got anywhere. It is coming up with the same message "File Permission Error" (E:\Access.doc)

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

vassos,

Like I suggested earlier, you appear to be saving your files into the Root directory of the USB drive "(*E:*Access.doc)". You need to make a folder in the Root directory and save your files into it.

Peter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...