We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CD Burning Software & Windows 7?

kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi... I'm a Win7 novice having stayed loyal to XP for many moons. Here's my query:

I like to compile CD's, taking various different tracks 'direct' from my pre-recorded, 'bought' CD's and other compilations, not ripping to MP3 format but exact track copy.

Most burning programs these days only 'allow' you to 'rip' from a CD into MP3 format.

Till now, only Roxo Platinum 6 (an old program, I know) was able to do what I wanted. Also Nero 6. Both have done a great job for me with zero fuss but have, understandably, moved on their versions. Whether that's been a positive move is open to question on many forums. As far as I can see, they've altered what they do and not in a good way.

However, I now have a new system with Windows 7 (64-bit) and I'm not totally up to speed on that at present. At anyrate, my 'old' Roxio/Nero programs are certainly not compatible with Windows 7 (64-bit). Can anyone suggest/recommend the best program for copying CD tracks direct as above on Windows 7?

I've downloaded a few free ones: CDBurnXP, ImgBurn, CD-DA Extractor....None of them do what I want...grrrr! Not even the latest Roxio 12 Pro!...Since Roxio changed to Sonic Solutions, it's gone seriously downhill and Nero just gets more and more bloated each version. All of them seem to demand I rip my desired tracks to MP3 then burn. Just what I don't want....

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions or help... Many thanks

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 1

Sorry just read that you dont want to rip tracks first!

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi bionuncle... Glad someone actually noticed that!... Any other suggestions apart from iTunes, which I never use?? Regards

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Surely windows media player gives a choice of wav or mp3

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

It certainly does - drop the little arrow below the "Rip" menu and select format, then choose which you want. Sometimes good ols Windows media Player gets overlooked for simplicity.

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Try downloading i-tunes. Select your tracks to a playlist and then when you select to burn to disc you can choose a straight audio copy if you want.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia