We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with Skype

ather528

Likes # 0

I have no idea which section this should be forwarded onto, but I am including it in this section.

I have skype on my Windows XP PC, it is a Dell Vostro 200 that I use.

When using Skype I can see and hear the other person ok, and also they can see us ok but they cant hear us at all, it can get very noisy and our voice is very very faint when they try to hear us, we dont have any problems from their end.

I have tried two different headsets/microphones as I thought it was a problem with the headset initially however it is exactly the same problem that we are facing. I have tried following the online skype troubleshooting guide but without no success. I am using a 3.7Mg broadband connection.

Can you guys tell me what needs to be done as I am struggling to find a solution?? Please let me know, thanks.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

From within Skype - click on Tools - Options - Audio Settings. Make adjustments from there.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

My guess would be that Skype is using an in built microphone in your laptop rather than your headset's. Following northumbria61's advice, you will be able to change which microphone to use.

Also worth noting, there should be a contact in your contact list called Echo / Sound Test Service which allows you to test your microphone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad