We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer 8

redbarron

Likes # 0

Can anyone tell me where I can download a copy of Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 x64 please.

It appears to be about available as hens teeth!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link.

But Windows 7 x64 is not listed in the 'English Version' drop down menu.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

What version do you have installed just now.If IE9 remove it and it should revert back to IE8.

If version 6 or 7 you should be able to get it through windows update.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

If you do have IE9 installed then as buteman says remove it. You do this by uninstalling via your MS updates. ie. go to windows update look in your history locate the update and uninstall. I did this a few weks ago as IE9 was becoming a pain.

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

I uninstalled IE9 and it reverted back to IE8. I would still have liked a hard copy of IE8 for Windows 7 64 though. Oh well at least it's back running IE8 now.

I too didn't like IE9. And for some reason it kept throwing up the Google Chrome Install icon every time I opened my Google home page. No problem with using Google in IE8 though.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If you are using W/7 64Bit It should have reverted back to both versions. Check on all programs and there should be 2 versions of Internet Explorer One will be the 64bit and the other the 32bit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...