We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New PC - Outlook and Media Player haven't transferred properly

wildhouse

Likes # 0

I have a new Windows 7 PC - I have been using it for 3 weeks, using Outlook 2010. The initial back-up I did from my old PC in Outlook for some reason didn't work - none of my emails transferred over, and I have just done a Windows Easy Transfer. Having done the transfer, all my old emails are now there but none of the ones from the last 3 weeks (except for my Hotmail ones)! It says that it can't find the data file. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I transferred some of my music from the original folders into Media Player, and assumed the music from Media Player on my old computer would transfer in with the Windows Easy Transfer, but they haven't. Any clues as to how to import them gratefully received.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED