We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox & Google

vassos

Likes # 0

During the last 48 hours I find I can't open Google Search on Firefox. Clicking on Firefox brings up my Google page fine and all other apps work well including all bookmarks. However, when I type in a subject for internet search in the central box and click search, nothing happens - zilch. I have struggled to find a way round this glitch but with no success. I guess at the end of the day I may find it is down to something I myself have inadvertently done but right not I'm stuck.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try this - right click on your computer icon choose manage click on services make sure microsoft net services are running if not click and select start

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Does your "Google Search" work in other browsers - ie: is it okay in Internet Explorer?

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

northumbria61, it is fine in IE. Only with Firefox and seemed to happen very suddenly. By right clicking on computer I presume you mean the Firefox icon? If so I can't find a manage tab

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

Fiddling about a bit more I now find I can open the search normally by clicking on Google Search under the bar. What I am unable to do is open that search by clicking the enter key which has always previously worked. Works this way with IE

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

I've just had read on the Google web search forum and it would seem the problem is not only mine - many have it. I hope someone comes with a solution as it is a **y pest.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Thanks for that and good to see you are "not alone".

I had a similar problem the other day with "SKY Go Desktop" - SKY Player just would not open from the Desktop Icon. I uninstalled/reinstalled twice without success only to find later in the day that it was a SKY problem affecting everybody - now rectified.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015