We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Home Hub or Belkin Router

SURVEY

Likes # 0

My ISP is BT and I have the latest BT Home Hub. I also have a Belkin 'N' rated router. My download speed with the Belkin is 2880 but with the BT Hub it is only 2330. Upload is slightly better with the BT Hub. The BT hub reaches very slightly further in our house than the Belkin. I thought the Home Hub was supposed to be the bees knees but clearly it is not. Has anyone else had a similar discrepancy and found alternative routers better than the Home Hub?

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

I ran a Belkin 54G router for several years before recently changing to BT, with a Home Hub 2 (a couple of weeks before the HH3 was announced. Grrr!).

I haven't run any comparative home wireless network speed measurements between the two routers, but I can tell you that, with the Belkin, the little wi-fi icon in my computer's (W7) system tray always showed five bars of signal. With the HH2 I normally only get four bars, quite often reducing to three.

There's been no other change to the household equipment layout that might have caused this, and the HH2 occupies exactly the same location that the Belkin did.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

With all the BT Hub advertising I am surprised it throttles download speed compared with the belkin. Odd that it reaches slightly further than the belkin!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes