We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Accessing FileHippo scans

Phoenix21

Likes # 0

I recently downloaded FileHippo so I could check for updates for the programmes I have on my PC. It keeps telling me I have 8 new updates and 3 beta updates waiting to be downloaded, but when I click on Show Results so I can deal with the updates, nothing happens. Does anyone know how I can access them?

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Hi guys, Thanks for that. Tonsie It doesn't get as far as the download page - it just scans my PC, says there are updates, but will not show me any results.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

ACOLYTE,it's not a button as such but the result page your on after the scan,it reads Home>>Update Checker Results.Near the left top of the page. Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
ACOLYTE

Likes # 0

Yes,mine has that to but the files are shown on that page too,below that.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Yes your right ACOLYTE, I think Phoenix is a bit mistaken.Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Phoenix,when click on the green down load button it will take you to another window to down load,read the page carefully,and download. Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Hi guys. When I click on the icon in my taskbar, then click scan, a small window opens on my desktop which says FileHippo.com Update Checker. Under that, it says Scanning completed, and below that Show Results, Retry, Settings, and Cancel. There is absolutely nothing else in that little window. When I click on Show Results, the letters (of the words Show Results) turn red, then go back to blue, and that is it! The results page is not displayed, so I have no way of finding out what needs updating.

Like this post
ACOLYTE

Likes # 0

Try using the stand alone version not the installer.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Phoenix,If you have Filehippo installed,you click or double click,it then scans it self,no need to click scan.It will then show you the results (what updates are needed on your PC)Ignore the beta,each update has a green download arrow,click the item you want,it will take you to the download page read it carefully,then click download.You can if you wish find more info by clicking the name of the required update. Regards Tonsie

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Tonsie. As I said earlier, whether I click on the icon in the taskbar and then click scan, or click on the desktop icon and let it run the scan without prompting it to do so, the result is the same - the results page with the green download arrows you mention will not display. I said this in my original post :- "when I click on Show Results so I can deal with the updates, nothing happens."

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

When you download the update checker you should save it to the desktop - it will then automatically display the results by opening a page of your browser

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2626/filehippo.jpg

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...