We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Accessing FileHippo scans

Phoenix21

Likes # 0

I recently downloaded FileHippo so I could check for updates for the programmes I have on my PC. It keeps telling me I have 8 new updates and 3 beta updates waiting to be downloaded, but when I click on Show Results so I can deal with the updates, nothing happens. Does anyone know how I can access them?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

You might need this, download/install then try again.

http://www.filehippo.com/downloaddotnetframework_2/

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PS - click on 'Download latest version' as shown on the top right-hand side.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Ooops, nearly forgot - I would not advise you to download any Beta version, these are versions with development still in process and not yet fully tested.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Thank you, but I'm afraid that didn't work. After clicking on the link I got a 404 Error saying the page I requested could not be found.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In that case, I suggest that you, close everything on your desktop then restart PC in Safe mode and run Malwarebytes and any other security programs you have. Once done, restart again in normal mode and try Filehippo etc again.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Nontek,it appears it's your link that is showing the error 404.So I can not see any point in running Malwarebytes. Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

I managed to get passed the Error 404 by writing the link in the address bar manually and downloaded the programme butI still couldn't get FileHippo to let me see the scan results. I then ran Malwarebytes and AdAware scans in Safe Mode but found nothing. Think I'll just give up on this one!! Thanks for you input everyone.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Phoenix,when you open Filehippo update checker it will scan your PC the results are given,Click on the download button,on the update you want,I give the beta ones amiss. Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Forgot to mention the download button is Green right-side of update.Have another go Phoenix.Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
ACOLYTE

Likes # 0

I dont recall having a show results button on my filehippo,it just opens the web page after a scan,but i use the stand alone version not the installer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features