We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't record sound or talk on PC phone

Ms_Dial

Likes # 0

Yesterday, after working fine for weeks, the microphone component of my PC stopped working. I've ran the troubleshooter, tried plugging it into a different location & looked in my owners manual and device manager - but nothing addresses this problem. I even purchased a new headphone. Does anyone have any idea what I should do next?

Thanks.

Specs:

eMachines ET1352G-03W AMD Athlon II X2 260u Processor 1.80 GHz 4.00 GB RAM (3.75 usable) 64-bit OS

Stephanie

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

What kind od Mic usb? and /or is it a mic/headphone combination as cant understand why you boutght new headphone unless that was a Typo.Also reord using what software. Though a simple system restore may resolve the problem anyway

Like this post
Ms_Dial

Likes # 0

My headphones have a mic & speaker plugs I use them to talk on GoogleVoice on my PC. No software program has been necessary.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok the fact you said you tried plugging it into a dfferent loction ? there is usually only one loction for a mic other than usb ones ..Does any sound from other sources work okwork on the

Like this post
Ms_Dial

Likes # 0

This isn't a usb plug-in. The plugs are the ones you use for external speakers and a microphone but instead of two separate devices I'm using a stereo headphone that can be used for online gaming, listening to music, and talking on the phone/Skype. I can hear sounds just fine, it's only the microphone that's not picking up my voice. I tried the microphone jacks in both front & back of my computer and neither one are working.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok apart from the Mic itseldf being Us (try another) any chance you have inadvertently turned off Mic in th input selection or muted it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback