We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hanns g HG216d

Kingfisher

Likes # 0

Can anyone advise me please, I have a Dell Dimension 8300 with 128mb ati radeon 9800 pro graphics card and a17" 1703 fp ultradharp flat panel. The question I would like to ask is: I have been offered a 22" Hanns G HG216D monitor for £50 my existing monitor is connected with white plug not sure if vga or dvix. Can only see vga on the Hanns and hdmi, I do not have hdmi on my aging dimension 8300 but has 2 usb ports on it. do you think its worth upgrading to the 22" Hanns G. many thanks

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

The white plus is your Digital output to the monitor and you should also have (on your motherboard?) a blue plug which is the VGA or Analogue plug. That model seems to be discontinued, however you need to take into account the amount of wear and any missing pixels.

If as you say the Hanns does not have a Digital input (white connector), you may have to connect to your VGA output, which would give a poor resolution compared to a digital signal.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote