We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HDMI Laptop to TV Not what I expected.

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Laptop OS Vista / 42inch Panasonic TV.
Connecting the two up and choosing to use the TV screen only and not mirror had very disappointing results.

Its clear enough but the slight increase in the size of the Fonts made it very hard to read if not impossible at 10 feet. Is this the usual out come.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Others have the same problem but some solutions here and here

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

chub_tor thanks for the links I tried HDMI 3 and its better I have a full screen and its clear. What I need now is a pair of specs to give a slight magnification to red the print at 10 to 12 feet. Every day glasses which are light sensitive don't help as the glare back from the TV dims them.

Like this post  
ams4127

Likes # 0

Is there a reason why you can't just change the font size?

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

ams4127 I have tried this in options after Right clicking on the desktop and set it at 150 dpi. It makes a difference in programs etc. but not on line when surfing.

Best I can find is under (View) to zoom text it helps but not enough.

I can use the magnifier that I have now set to to come on at boot that's fine but a bit inconvenient. If i have missed any other options please advise. OS Vista Fire-Fox.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

By using Ctrl ++ I can magnify text etc. to a certain point it does vary on pages as some text will overlap but its a way round and I will see how it goes. I see there is software around but at £100s of pounds.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Every day glasses which are light sensitive don't help as the glare back from the TV dims them.

I wear Transitions and don't find this a problem. You need quite a high level of UV to make them darken. They don't even work in the car and ordinary window glass filters out the UV to an extent that prevents them darkening. If your TV is giving out that much UV I would be somewhat concerned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do