We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Office 2007 - Word - Envelope Printing

TonyV
Resolved

Likes # 0

Using Win 7, and Word 2007, How does one get a C5 envelope to print with the Mailing Address situated in the middle of the envelope. It is so simple in OOo, but I suggest damn near impossible in Word. I can get the Return address sorted, but to get the position of the mailing address sorted I find impossible. It ends up about ¾" from the bottom of the envelope. Equally so, when looking at the Options, It tells me that the Settings have been changed from the Word Norm, and to press the Reset button to go back to the Word Norm. When I do that it tells me to have the envelope situated in the middle of the Paper tray and Face up. This you cannot do, because there is no central setting on my Printer, HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One, and if you use Face Up, it will print on the back of the envelope!!

Help!!

TonyV

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

No Idea if it works anything like my Corel Wordperfect 8

I type letter with address at the top, then under format I just press Envelope It picks the address up and plonks it on the Envelope, I then just have to adjust where I want to place it. I put Return address top left corner of Envelope about 1 8th of a inch in from top and right side using a small font. this is on a DL Envelope but its just the same for any other size. Worst thing for me is getting it in the right orientation in printer. I have three Printer and they all differ when loading Envelopes

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

I think I may have partially solved the problem. It seems that if I go through the Options cycle and instead of pressing on the Font button which brings up Font changes, change the position instead of relying on the Auto settings! What it means is that I have to remember what distances I use and plug those in each and every time. Something about "What a way to run a battleship!!" I can't find a way of saving the position I want it to be for a particular envelope size, unless someone can tell me differently.

TonyV

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

In My Software it gives ruler sizes on where to put the address

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yep you should also be able to save your settings, Looks like you need to get software that does what its supposed to do. Without having to wade through water to get to it

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In Word 2007 - on the Mailings tab click on Envelopes (far left of ribbon) In the window that opens click on options select C5 and then for delivery address choose about 8 cm from left and 8 cm from top. This should work for a single mailing. I have set up a word template the size of an envelope and set up exactly where I want the address and font, etc. You then choose the right paper size in your printer. Nowadays I use labels as it is easier.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

This might help ...

http://tinyurl.com/3h6oeru

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Go to mailings/envelopes/click preview/envelope options/choose envelope size/click from left and keep your click down until address gets into centre/ same for from top.click printing options click which one your printer will do (where envelope is shown)and click button face up or down.Ignore reset this could be wrong setting for printer and click OK

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

looks like my fingers are a little slow

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Thanks all. I seem to have come upon the answer by default rather than by good judgement. It is just a pity I can't save it unless I use a template to do it. Simplicity doesn't seem to be a Microsoft trait!

I'll close this one out now.

Thanks

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

As Woolwell says, I have now set up a C5 template which gives me exactly what I want including a coloured return address. No more aggravation!

TonyV

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days