We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Icon for web cam

DAKAR

Likes # 0

Hi all I am asking this on behalf of a silver surfer,who I am going to visit tomorrow,he is running XP and has apparently installed a web cam but he cannot access it he tells me there is no icon he can click on as a shortcut. I cannot advise him as I dont have a web cam,but I have told him I know somebody that can. Is it the same as putting a shortcut on the desk top for other programmes. Thankyou for any help Regards Dakar

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

This explains your requirements link text

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

look for the program that came with the camera. then look for the exe file of the program and double click it to see if it starts the software running.

Like this post
DAKAR

Likes # 0

Hi woodchip and northumbria61, Thanks for quick replies as usual,northumbria61 I have looked at the link and will look again tomorrow when I am with him. woodchip where do I look for the exe file? Regards Dakar

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......