We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Posting web links on Facebook

PA28

Likes # 0

I must have accidentally hit a switch. Suddenly I find that I can no longer post web links within Facebook posts. Or rather I can post them, but as soon as the page is refreshed they have completely vanished.

This is soooo frustrating when I am trying to share information with others. What have I done.

(IE9, Windows 7 HP)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There was a recent discussion on my Facebook page about why some people cannot post links in comments on Facebook while others can.

Here are a few possible solutions:

Encapsulate your link with  like: 
Hit the space bar twice (although once might work for some) before and after your link.
Instead of pasting the entire URL, leave out the http:// and start with www instead.
Like this post
PA28

Likes # 0

Magic! The spacebar trick seems to have worked! You genius! Don't understand why it should but it appears to have. Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Great news. I think it is a Facebook problem from time to time. It works for some but not others. Glad to see it worked for you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...