We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Broadband

Likes # 0

Hi, I have been phone sky about my slow broadband for the past 4 Months and have had 6 engineer visits. I normally get around 1MBPS but for the past 4 Months I have been lucky to get 0.2MBPS. I have a speedtest.net account and my average speed is 0.09MBPS. When I check my router stats page it says my downstream connection is 997 but I only receive around 0.1MBPS. Can someone please help. BT Infinity will be rolled out in my area this March (2012). I can't wait. It will be like a gift, but can anyone help me fix my current issue.

Overview; Router Downstream Connection Speed: 997 Actually Speed Received: 0.1MBPS

Can someone please help??

Thanks in Advance for all help offered. I have triwed everything from a new router to new telephone lines new ADSL filters. I have tried everything.

Please Help, before I go mad in my head.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Can anyone help me???

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you checked with any of your neighbours to see what speeds they are getting - regardless of ISP ? It could be a problem at the Exchange or work being carried out. Difficult to know what else to suggest especially if 6 engineers can't sort it for you.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I will go to my neighbours and test their speed on speedtest.net. Will reply soon.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You could try clearing out all your Internet Cache or resetting your LAN -

Go to Start -Search - Run type cmd then in the command prompt window type ipconfig /release press Enter then type ipconfig /renew press Enter then exit press Enter to close cmd.

Like this post

Likes # 0

All my neighbours get around 1MBPS but I only get 0.1 or 0.2MBPS.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You may have already done these checks but - link text

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Have those speedtests all been done on the same PC? If they were, then providing of course that you've got a router, ask a friend or neighbour to come round with their laptop and see what speeds they get. It's quite possible that it's a PC problem rather than anything wrong with your broadband line or equipment.

When those engineers visited, they probably brought a laptop with them - did they connect to your router and do any speedtests.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I have 3 computers and all have a slow speed of interent. I am not sure if renewing my ip address will help.

Like this post

Likes # 0

All speedtests have been done a niegbours laptop, my 3 pcs, my PS3, iPhone and iPad.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Have done all of te Sky checks on thei website. Am phoneing tem now, will keeps yous updated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...