We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 - BSOD ID: 2057

Snrub
Resolved

Likes # 0

My Acer desktop has recently started crashing every couple of hours showing the fault as BSOD ID:2057 which after browsing several forums appears to be a hardware signature problem however have not come up with a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Unsigned driver for some hardware, have you recently installed updated drivers?

Either roll back the drive / check for updates that are signed

or use EasyBDC and type commands

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE _ INTEGRITY _ CHECKS

(remove spaces before and after -)

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat have checked for driver updates and all are up to date. Have not installed any new hardware or updated drivers apart from a recommended Windows Auto Update to chipset a few months back and problem has only started a couple of weeks back. This leaves your EasyBCD suggestion. Could you please explain what the commands you refer to will do?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at ths thread, esecially the 02-06-2011, 01:57 AM post by LionHeart558 . Suggesting overheating?

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13 considered overheating and have monitored CPU which is a quad core and all temps normal. I did however, tilt the computer to plug in an audio lead and when I did this the BSOD occurred so thinking possibly something loose inside. It's a small midi desktop which does get moved around. It's about 18 months old out of warranty so I think I will have to break the seal, open it up and check that memory seating properly etc,

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

I am ticking this as sorted since all seems normal now, suspect it was a bad ethernet contact on back of computer. Thanks to all responses much appreciated.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite