We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot Install!

BROXBURN

Likes # 0

After developing a virus after downloading a video driver, I cannot install anything it will go so far and then flag up "Windows Installer not correctly installed" I got rid of the virus by downloading the Avast anti virus (not sure how it managed to install that) but anything else just goes so far and then has to be aborted.!!!

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

You don't say what operating system, perhaps bottom of page here

link text

Like this post
BROXBURN

Likes # 0

Sorry XP home edition.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

maybe install version 4.5 worked for me when I was using XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I would give Malwarebytes a run first just to make sure there are no further problems on your computer.

Avast is Ok but you also need a good Anti-Malware program.

Like this post
BROXBURN

Likes # 0

I use Malwarebytes all the time. I downloaded 4.5 installer...still no difference...??

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

have you tried copying the CD to the desktop, then run the program from the copy in safe mode. You'll need to look at the setup program to run it

Like this post
BROXBURN

Likes # 0

Copying what CD?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

the program or if its not a cd and you downloaded it try running it in safe mode. reason i said cd is cd cannot be seen in safe mode drivers are not loaded for it

Like this post
BROXBURN

Likes # 0

Tried that....still not working. I wonder if it is because I'm not using windows explorer and it is windows installer i am trying to install. I'm using a 3 dongle and it uses it,s own browser.....so pc is getting confused..... like me!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone