We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Region Codes

Scubaman

Likes # 0

I have just installed a DVD RW in my laptop and when I try to change the region to region to I get a message "Unable to update region setting. The drive reports that it requires media of the destination region (region 2) so please insert appropriate media and try again." I purchased it from Amazon and the seller was Laptop-accessories4u, it was advertised a Brand new Dell DVD RW for D520 but when I opened it, it is a Matshita UJ870QJ and I can't find any info on the web for this make. I emailed the company and got this reply! 'We are really sorry about that, you are getting some problem with item you purchase from us.please install a software ( AnyDVD ), can download on internet.if not, change 5 time, will lock in the last region.'

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Have you confirmed the drive is/is not the correct item according to the Dell specification for your laptop? Dell do buy in units and identify them with their own part numbers.

If it is not the correct unit or faulty then contact both the seller and Amazon an request a refund - you can then try elsewhere.

You could also Google Matshita UJ870QJas I did and look for a driver/firmware update or whatever is required.

Like this post
Scubaman

Likes # 0

Thanks Johndrew, I have sorted it now, first I deleted the drive then did a re-start but still the same. I loaded a DVD and then changed the region with the disc in the drive and I was able to change the region. Cheers. How do you mark your posts as fixed?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

To close thread - click on large grey tick on right hand side, it should then turn Green.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room