We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD drawer opening at boot up for example

peterjm

Likes # 0

1 The DVD drawer opens sometimes at boot up and at other times. 2 The sound scheme no longer operates though the testing of sounds does. 3 To click on a link in Outlook Express no longer takes me to Internet Explorer. Instead I have to right click on the link > Copy then bring IE up and paste it for a search. TIA

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you loaded or uninstalled any CD DVD burning Software. As this kind of Software Contains drivers for the Drive other than Windows own Drivers. If you Have NERO I would be inclined to try reinstall it

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you loaded or uninstalled any CD DVD burning Software. As this kind of Software Contains drivers for the Drive other than Windows own Drivers. If you Have NERO I would be inclined to try reinstall it

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This site as become woes than useless at loading, trying refresh is like waiting for pain to dry

Like this post
peterjm

Likes # 0

Sadly apart from the forementioned problems I now get a blue screen on a daily basis. The next time it occurs I intend to take a photograph of it and load it into Photoshop. However. Any ideas regarding passing it on to an expert?

Like this post
peterjm

Likes # 0

I am ending this topic but still with problems. However I did find that if the internet was disconnected then I didn't get any blue screens. Also going on to Skype caused the BSOD (blue screen of death). I photographed these BSODs and found the following: NTFS.sys; WIN32K.sys; FLTMGR.sys and NVD.disp(?) were problems. The latter I discovered appeared to be due to a corrupted NVideo driver which I uninstalled and then downloaded from the NVidia site. Skype etc. now OK Hope this might help other. I appreciate you input.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED