We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sony Viao VGN-FW31M laptop

weatherstation

Likes # 0

Hi, the specification on my laptop say it has Bluetooth installed, but for the life of me I cannot get the Bluetooth to activate. Can anybody help please? Thanks. WS

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Page 71 of the manual

To start Buetooth communications

Turn on the wireless switch

Click on the button next to or above the Bluetooth Icon in the Vaio Smart network window.

makesure the wireless network light comes on

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

first is there i icon on the desktop to double click on, if not it may need you to press the fn key plus the one that starts blue tooth running. if none of these. press Win Key Plus E key to start Windows Explorer the look for the Program, may be in Program Files Folder look for the Executable exe file and double click it to start it running

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Like this post
weatherstation

Likes # 0

Hi Woodchip, Thanks for information, but I should have told you I'm running Windows 7 as the info you gave me does not seem to apply. Thanks. WS

Like this post
weatherstation

Likes # 0

Hi everybody and thanks for your help. With the help given, I managed to get Bluetooth working. I did the following. Go to control panel, then select "Vaio Control Center" then Network Connections. Now select Vaio Smart Network and click on the Advance Tab (next to OK) click on the little box by Bluetooth. Make sure the phone etc has Bluetooth enabled. Follow the on screen prompts and all should be OK. Hope this helps somebody else. Thanks for all the help. WS

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more