We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mozbackup T'bird Profile Failed to Restore

griffon56

Likes # 0

Used newly downloaded Mozbackup on Win XP desktop to back up T'bird 2.0.0.21 profile on to CD-R. Copied this to new Win 7 desktop hard drive and used Mozbackup to restore the profile to newly downloaded copy of T'bird 5. Mozbackup reported profile restored correctly but when new T'bird 5 opened there was no sign of it. The only things showing were a few new emails in the new Inbox. All the recorded back up was absent. Any ideas?

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Just an idea, on the left there should be a column which has two arrows in the header. Clicking this to show All Folders should reveal your old folders and e-mails, assuming they were correctly copied by MozBackup. It would appear that your account details were correctly migrated.

Like this post
griffon56

Likes # 0

Thanks for that natdoor. I'm stuck with having either the new or the old computer running and on-line, not both, so I'll try your tip later.

Like this post
griffon56

Likes # 0

I did that natdoor and only some of the missing emails appeared. If the backup did restore it is certainly incomplete. Back to the drawing board.

Like this post
griffon56

Likes # 0

Just in case anybody is still looking at this post, the problem was that when I backed up, Mozbackup was saving to a certain profile and when I restored I was selecting the Default profile which was not the one in which the backup had been created. Tho' all the choices were displayed I was selecting the wrong one because I thought it would be bound to be in the Default profile. It wasn't. I discovered this by looking in T'bird's Profile Manager and saw that there was a choice. Checking thro' them showed the right one.

By the way, anybody know how to create Profile Manager on the desktop so that you can name new profiles or rename old ones and so on. I did know how to do it but have forgotten and the usual method of right clicking the profile and finding the option to create a desktop icon isn't available.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?