We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to set default ISP

griffon56
Resolved

Likes # 0

Running Win 7 Home Premium on Packard Bell iMedia desktop and using Firefox 5 as default browser, I can't set talktalk.co.uk as my ISP. I type it into the right box in the Internet Properties dialogue box, click 'Apply' and OK, but the next time I open Firefox it goes to 'about:blank' and shows a typical 'google' search page. The default ISP in The Internet Properties box is shown as 'about:blank' and talktalk.co.uk has disappeared. Anybody any idea what's going on?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Do you mean home page, as ISP is 'internet service provider'. Anyway I have just had a look at Firefox and what you need to do is open Firefox, browse to the page you want as your homepage, then click on'tools' then 'options' then 'general' then underneath where it says 'show my home page' click on 'use current pages' then click on 'ok'. That should be it sorted.

Like this post  
griffon56

Likes # 0

Thanks gengiscant. By luck I found the same answer on Mozilla.com in an article about Firefox. My version of Win 7 doesn't have Tools - Options up above but if you click on the Firefox name it gives you the same choice. Why do they have to bxxxxr around with time proven layouts when there has been no actual change to them AND why is so much of the really important Windows stuff hidden down obscure paths which are not intuitive to find? Thanks again.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Its nothing to do with your version of windows,its an option in your browser.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks