We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No video

NJ

Likes # 0

On boot up I am getting no video from my HP S5128 pc, in fact my HP monitor just flashes up that its going to sleep. I have tried the monitor with another computer and it works fine, I also tried another monitor with this pc and it just stated no video. It had a Nvidia geforce G210 graphic card, I have put a brand new Radeon Saphire HD 4350 and Iam still getting the same, Please anyone got any ideas.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Keep tapping F8 as it boots and see if it loads to an error message or menu

Like this post
NJ

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat thanks for the advice I tried it but its a no go the pc just puts the monitor to sleep.

Like this post
c4rm0

Likes # 0

Any Beeps when turning it on ? Have you tried resetting the CMOS ? Have you attached the 6 pin PCI-E to the GFX card ?

Sounds like a faulty PCI-E slot on Motherboard or potentially a PSU issue

Like this post
NJ

Likes # 0

c4rmo thanks for the reply, but no theres no beeps,and the card has no 6 pin pci-e connection apparantly this type of cards i.e. radeon hd 4350 and the g force g210 do not need them. The pc was working fine then when i switched it back on all this started. How do you reset the cmos. thanks for the help.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Reset CMOS by either Using clear CMOS jumper pins on motherboard or by removing CMOS battery for 10 minutes.

Like this post
PcTestCard.co.uk

Likes # 0

Try reseat CPU and VGA card. Using 1 working RAM. Or should be the mobo/CPU problem.

Hope this helps! Bill Tech Manager

Like this post
NJ

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice I have tried reseting the cmos, installed a new power unit nothing is working so i think it must be the mobo.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...