We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Search

DAKAR
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all Hopefully a quick querie Since windows update the other night,When I enter search text into google which is my home page immediately on entering a couple of letters into the text box it takes me to a new page and allows me to finish inputting the rest of the text in another box which has advanced search on the outside of the box.how can I revert back to the way it was before,when I put in the text and the drop down box pre empted the result. I have XP sp3 Kind regards Dakar

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Click the Cog Wheel (Options), to the right of Sign in, Click Search settings, Scroll down to Google Instant and Click on Do not use Google Instant, Click Save Preferences Button, That's it, Done.

Like this post
DAKAR

Likes # 0

Thankyou Lazarus The 2nd That has worked perfectly. Have a great weekend and thanks again Kind regards Dakar

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote