We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail - 2 accounts needed

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've had a quick google of the internet but not found much

A friend has got a new lappy with W7 and a new account with Plus.Net. I've downloaded and installed Windows Live Mail and got it working and receiving emails.

I would like to separate his & her emails if possible.

At the moment I appear to have three accounts - one I set up for Him, one I set up for Her and a default account.

When I click Send & Receive, the (test) emails are received and each mailbox (Him and Her) have exactly the same emails i.e. all emails in each.

I have set up two rules - when the To contains Him store in Hims (new folder) In Box and another one for her. I've run the rules and nothing has changed.

Anyone any ideas please?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

It sounds as though there is only actually one account, i.e. one POP3 server address, one Username and one Password, although there may be several "alias" email addresses used with the account.

Some ISPs support the retrieval of separate mail for "alias" accounts by using the email address as the login. For example:

Main login: username

Account1: [email protected]

Account2: [email protected]

Like this post  
Covergirl

Likes # 0

mgmcc

That's about as accurate as you can get. I guess I'm stuffed then. No worries, I've prepped them for such an eventuality :)

Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Probably the best way out is to use the Plusnet account for Plus net and set up 2 separate gmail accounts. These will be independent of ISP and can move if they change supplier.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

All sorted thanks. Spoke to the nice Plus.Net man from Yorkshire who removed the Postmaster account and set up a sub-account for her.

Jobsagudun

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Covergirl

I had a similar problem about two years ago with Plusnet. Like you that very nice man from Yorkshire soon got it sorted and there has been no trouble ever since. Their Postmaster account seems to be some sort of default creation.

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......