We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 severe problems

paul654

Likes # 0

Every time my PC tries to install an update via Windows Update it turns off then turns back on again then goes to the 'do you want to start normaly safe mode' screen. This happens with EVERY update, either on automatic or manual install.I now have over 30 updates 'hidden' because they all crash my pc. I've also discovered that if I try to access System restore this also crashes the pc ! If I access 'System protection' at all...as soon as I click on it the pc turns off !! Also if I try to uninstall any programmes, using the uninstall progs facility in control panel, the pc turns off/on. I have run sfc/scannow, malwarebytes and done a cleanboot all with no success. I just tried to download and install 'Hijackthis' and this too causes my pc to switch off. Everything else on my pc works fine, it just seems to be windows update/system restore/progs uninstall. I am not a computer tech so please try to keep it simple....I have contacted Microsoft support several times regarding these problems but to be honest I may as well talk to my cat. I am running Windows 7 64 Bit SP1.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I'm guessing you have a serious trogan problem. Download REVO uninstaller and select option 4 (deep uninstall) on all programs that you think may be causing the problems.

Select the FREEWARE option, it is good enough for what you need link text

Try also running ADAWARE link textand or SPYBOT link text

Select the free options on both.

Terry

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

ok its trashing everthing security related lets go outside the box could i ask what av you are using

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

maybe try this and see if it works.

1. Turn off computer ,then turn on and start tapping F8
  2. When the Advanced startup options appear Select Safe mode With Networking
  3. Open internet explorer goto google.com ,download Hitman pro "32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Os"
  4. Run Hitman pro ,let this scan the computer
  5. Activate Free Licence
  6. Reboot Pc

Infection Removed..!

Like this post
paul654

Likes # 0

I'm running AVG. Just downloaded and ran 'Hitman Pro 64 bit' in safe mode....It didn't find anything. Begining to think I may have broken links/missing files in Windows but I only have an OEM disk so cant do a repair, looking increasingly like a re-install.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Are there any clues in Event Viewer after the crash to explain what's happening? Fault codes etc.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have a look in Device manager and see if any yellow exclamation marks are found.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks