We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TomTom Updates

Daiol
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,I have a TomTom one Xl,Went to update my device and add new uk maps which cost £39.60,Download was succesful but on the section of installing the new maps onto the SD card a box appeared telling me that there was not enough space on my card and would have to make room of 10.9mb. Now how can one make room on the SD card that means that I would have to delete something.They have taken my money also awaiting their reply within two days. can any one help me out here please.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Daiol

Use TomTom Home software and delete the existing map and then install the map you downloaded. I also have a One XL.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

as above you will be surprised how much junk is on the card, i had the same message for mine but no sd card. i had to do it with tom tom connected to remove from the gps

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Thanks both for support.Did what you suggested and all worked well. Tony V.you said that you had a one XL.Can you give me a little info on it,Regarding the bluetooth have you connected your phone to it as I have failed.Any further tips would be grateful. Thanks both once again.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Daiol

I only use mine to get from A to B in the car and do not use bluetooth, or any other colour tooth for that matter, system! My mobile is only ever used as a means to an end, and is hardly ever used!! I would suggest you visit the TomTom site via your Home software and see what information they can give you. I have to say that on the odd occasions I have had to use them, they have been extremely helpful, but you may have to wait for 24 hours to get a workable answer.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post  
woodchip

Likes # 0

as above for me plus i do not have any blue toother or other, mine is also a TT1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......