We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows messages

highside

Likes # 0

Just found yet another useless Windows message, means nothing to me and its options dont help at all?

"The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close the window Yes or No?"

This is preventing me from tracking a parcel via Parcel Forces web site, wether I say Yes or No the site will not open any further than the initial logo.

I have disabled popups for the session to no avail. Have used this service many times before, I wonder if a recent Win update has added something new? Win7 64bit IE 9 Win Live mail

Thanks for looking.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try this, click on the action centre icon in notification area and open it. Click on Troubleshooting and on the left select view all. Select Internet Connections then click on the next tab. Select Help me connect to a specific web page then paste the address on the highlighted "http://"

Like this post
highside

Likes # 0

Thanks for reply I eventually got around this by opening the required site seperately instaed of via the link in their email, was then able to enter tracking number OK

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'