We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How can I save password

dangerusone
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have gone over to Windows 7, I installed my Speedtouch for my internet connection, when I click on the desktop link it shows my e-mail address but my password box is blank and the connection fails, how can I save my password as I could with XP.

Like this post
dangerusone

Likes # 0

I must add I haven't digested everything about 7 yet, but I seem to have tried most things to rectify it and nothing works as yet.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
dangerusone

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link Fruitbat, I've downloaded and saved the drivers whilst I mull over to install them. The trouble was I had such a problem installing Speedtouch in the first place and now it works I'm a bit loth to alter thing by installations.

Like this post
dangerusone

Likes # 0

I forgot to put in my original post that after the first attempt at going on line without the password showing, I can fill in the password box, press connect and succeed in getting connected. Speedtouch modem is obviously working in Windows 7 but I must have missed something in the installation as the password box isn't filled in as it was in XP. Sorry for not giving the whole picture.

Like this post
dangerusone

Likes # 0

I have been trying to find the answer to this by "googling it" and one forum came up with the theory that the old USB modems are inadequate with Windows 7. I got on to Tiscali(TalkTalk) about this problem and the reply from their Technical team was that with W7 being relatively new they have not developed new drivers for it. When I threatened to ask for a MAC as the equipment they provided wasn't up to the job their "Options" dept said they would send me a router which according to all Forums and Tiscali will solve the problem of the pre filled in password. I'll post again when I receive it and install. Ps. I must have had the old Speedtouch USB modem 10 or 11 years.

Like this post
dangerusone

Likes # 0

I have installed the router and everything was fine from the start. I should have had one years ago. The router is left on all the time so the tablet I've just bought my wife can be used anytime and when i switch on I'm connected automatically. I'll mark this thread as settled.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...