We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

trouble uninstalling steam

chrissy1
Resolved

Likes # 0

my son plays football manager on his xbox. Since he played it on laptop the Steam icon appeared. How did it get there? Tried to uninstall through add and remove but a box appears asking if i want to close steam application before Install..I don't want to install at all. Any ideas. My son bought the game from a shop and did not download the Steam Programme.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Now how do i mark this problem as resolved? Click on the grey icon on right hand side of your post and it will change to a green tick.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 1

The reason it appeared on your sons laptop is that the game PC game must have needed the Steam client to be installed so that the necessary game files can be downloaded and he is able to buy the game. A great many games are now released via the Steam client even though you you can buy the game from a shop. It really is no big deal having the Steam client installed and if you did not want to see the icon, or have Steam start up when the laptop booted then stopping Steam starting by going to msconfig would have solved the problem.

It is quite likely that your son will buy another PC game which needs Steam in the future but it really is nothing to worry about.

A bit of reading http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Like this post
chrissy1

Likes # 0

Thanks all. I understand how steam works now. Thanks for info gengiscant.. i will know now for the future...even my son didn't know much about steam.

Like this post  
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Glad to have been of help. I really must read my posts before clicking,far to many errors for my liking.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Download and run Revo Uninstaller from here link text Highlight what you want to uninstall from the listed programs and then select uninstall - delete all in BOLD

Like this post
chrissy1

Likes # 0

Thanks northumbria worked a treat...gone at last. Now how do i mark this problem as resolved?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...