We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ultra DMA mode-5, capable but not enabled.

jayboy18

Likes # 0

After installing windows 7 on my Acer computer restarts a black screen comes up with "ultra DMA mode-5, capable but not enabled. i have the option of pressing f2 to run setup and f11 for boot menu but none of them works. can someone tell me what to do asap..??

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try safe mode and see if it will start on there.

Not sure if it is asking you to change the start up to CD or not you would have to go into the bios for that.

If it works in safe mode you should be able to go to device manager and change PIO mode to DMA mode.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

hmm cancel that having a look at mine there is no ultra DMA mode available on W/7

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

buteman

only possible if using an IDE HDD, bet you have SATA drives ;0)

Like this post
jayboy18

Likes # 0

i am not able to go in safe mode or anything. when i press any of d option buttons that i have nothing happens.

Like this post
jayboy18

Likes # 0

no it's an IDE

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

TRy tapping F8 during boot and see if it brings up a menu to allow you into safemode

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks