We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

5 updates for Windows 7 64 Bit tonight

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Only 5 updates for Windows 7 64 Bit tonight for those that update manually.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

8 + 1 optional for me but thanks.

Anyone know why MSE does not update automatically? like most anti-virus software, or is this yet another strange Microsoft peccadillo.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It always updated automatically for me even though I had windows updates set to manual.

Like this post
EARLR

Likes # 0

8 + 2 for me also(32 bit). MSE (when it first came out) updated automaticly but it stoped doing it some time ago. I also wonder why.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well I suppose I am 1 year behind as I removed it last year while it still updated.

Does it not update even when you have Windows updates set to automatic.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

No it does not.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you changed the time for it to run it is usually set for about 3 Am when everyone is asleep.

Not sure if that is for scans or the updates.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

That's for scans.But I have just change the time of the scan to a time when the PC will be on and it also checks for updates pre-scan. So I will wait and see.

Typical Microsoft though, does it not look at other similar products and say to itself now that's a good feature I'll copy that. No, lets go the more convoluted way.All to often Microsoft seem to make things as difficult as possible to use. Skydrive as opposed to Dropbox. 1 simple to use the other rubbish. No need to guess which one is rubbish.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes