We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Favourites & history suddenly disappeared

ds7183

Likes # 0

Help please. Had a massive problem the other day - I think it was a pretend virus. Lost everything, programmes, desktop etc. Anyway managed to do a system restore and got most things back. I have since discovered I've lost all my favourites and history, when I click on the fav star there are none. I do have the favourites in Docs & Settings/Username/favourites. How can I get them back in the google favs? I am on XP and IE8 I believe.

Another problem has arisen. Every time I go on the email or websites a box comes up from IE 'when you send information to the internet it might be possible for others to see that information. Do you want to continue' How can I stop this coming up each time as I have checked the box 'do not show me this again'.

I am not very computer literate so if you can help I need it in simple step by step instructions please.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...