We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dore 2 duo Quad

Funkmastabuzz

Likes # 0

Hey guys My sisters Intel Core 2 Duo quad core has died,I think but what want to know is if I was to replace it with a with a Core 2 Duo daulcore (64bit socket LG775 same as the original CPU) will all her Vista OS work with out many problems.I dont mind the odd bios update to the motherboard or a driver etc. Iv tried firing it up the HD on my AMD quadcore 64bit but it wont work. Im sure its the CPU as Iv checkrd PSU,HD,Memory(no beeps on start up)Monitor and the moterboard seems ok but this could also be at fault because someone told me that it can still light up and spin fans etc but be fried.The reason I think its the CPU is because I took the heatsink fan off to clean it because it has a plastic drian pipe like tube;on the fan to draw air from the case side,that was thick with dust.As I was vacuming it I think it may of buit up static and then transfered it to the heatsink then the CPU when remouting it.If anyone can help with my question or has another therory as to why its not working id be very greatful.

Thanks in advance Ant

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 1

If you are just replacing the CPU it really does not matter to the hard-drive. If you are concerned then slave her hard-drive to your PC and backup her stuff. But as I said replacing the chip will not effect the hard-drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...