We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Toshiba laptop rebooting problem

nilefish

Likes # 0

Hi there I managed to reset my Toshiba Harman/Kardon to the factory reseting using F8 , I intsalled SP1 manually to the laptop but it's not rebooting , I can only access F2 and F12 and that did not help. I have no recovery CD what can I do? Please help

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

You will need the drivers. Have a look here link text. The details you need to fill into the boxes should be on the lower surface of your laptop.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Harman/Kardon is the speaker system for your Toshiba. As johndrew says you can find the model and the model number underneath. If you post that and your OS ( I am presuming Windows 7 from what you said about SP1) we may be able to suggest a way around your boot problem.

Like this post
nilefish

Likes # 0

Thanks for the reply,

The model is Satellite P300-13B PSPC4E-00U00CN5 OS window Vista

Thanks

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Ok so what does happen when you boot? Does the system go through a boot up sequence, does it freeze, beep, re-start? If you get F2 to continue that usually means the BIOS has defaulted and wants you to go into the BIOS to re-set it. And if you are also getting a F12 request then in Vista this is to change the boot up sequence for that particular boot. So it is beginning to sound as if your laptop is trying to boot not from the hard disk but from either a CD, USB or a network device. Go into the BIOS and make sure that it is set to boot from the Hard Drive.

I know you use F8 for the factory restore on your model but if you keep tapping F8 as you boot up you should get the option to boot into Safe Mode. Can you do that?

Like this post
nilefish

Likes # 0

Hello Chub_tor

Thanks for the reply,

When I hit the F8 I get only the beebibg sound F2 the setup u comes and I changed to to booting from a CD- I bought a recovery disk- or from HD 1 and HD 2 but it wont boot,. F12 gives me the booting option but again nothing , in all situation the screen turn grey -and stayes like that. I tried Windows 7 ultimate disk but same thing, I dont want to buy an expensive OS if the laptop cant boot any help appreciated,

Like this post
nilefish

Likes # 0

Thanks to Johndrew I tried to burn the file to a disc .. but the laptop is not booting at all

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you tried tapping Delete to get into the BIOS? If so does the Day/Date/Time look right? Is the Hard drive recognised OK? Is it set to boot from the Hard Drive? Can you get the BIOS to re-set to Default? Any error messages when the screen turns grey? Any writing on the screen when it is grey?

Like this post
nilefish

Likes # 0

the date and time are right, when tapping delete or F2 it goes into BIOS , I tried top boot form the hard drive and I reset it to default but nothing is weorking ..there is no writing in the greay screen and no error message

Like this post
nilefish

Likes # 0

Soory the date is right but the time is wrong , it's shoes 11:00 am and it's 6pm

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Then you need to change it in the BIOS settings at boot up, press the key for Setup as its booting

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite