We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pheobe on shutdown Panasonic camera software

ray27
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just a warning for anyone who has installed the Panasonic Lumix software that comes with the camera You may find it will hog your resources and give you all sorts of problems such as a program called Pheobe that is trying to close when you try and shut down, as well as hanging in the "Windows is closing" screen The answer is to uninstal all the stuff that was on the disk and do without it

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Which model and software I got no such problem but then all I got was the photofun studio and thats fine

Like this post
ray27

Likes # 0

I have what seems to be the same software The camera was a Lumix DMC-727 I didn't notice anything wrong at first and then the pc started to slow down and when you tried to shut down you got the box "Phoebe.exe is not responding" box I looked everywhere for the program but without any luck I then checked out Google and found a site that had various post's on it and the advice was to take off the Panasonic software it certainly worked for me it may be it only affects MS Windows XP WHICH IS MY OS

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have not had a problem with Panasonic Lumix software. I have run it on Vista for some years. I cannot find phoebe.exe on my system. Are you sure that you don't have a virus?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September