We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Max Gentleman Spam

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi

I get daily spam in Windows Live Mail, as most people probably do. It goes to the junk folder and I empty it every few days. But for the past few days Im getting several (up to 10) spam mails from Max Gentleman. I could just ignore it and continue to empty folder as Im doing, but its annoying to see 10 or more identical emails from this so and so! Anything I can do?

h

Like this post
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Morning thehill glad to know its not just me thats getting emails trying to sell me Enlarlargement Pills, my wife says she is happy with the way i am "or is she", they are bloody annoying arnrt they. At least they go straight into the spam folder.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Consider "Mailwasher" which can be configured with filters to delete particular mail without you ever having to download it.

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

mgmcc

Looks like a handy tool but only covers one e-mail address.You have to buy the Pro version if you have more than one.

It is a pity Windows live mail does not give you the option of banning unwanted mail so that you do not get it in the first place.

You can add sender to the blocked senders list but you still get the e-mails.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It depends on your ISP but you may be able to set up a filter through webmail to put such e-mails into junk before they are downloaded to you through your e-mail client. I did this with Orange and it was quite effective. You need to check the junk there occasionally to make sure that it really is junk/spam. These folders should also automatically empty after a set period.

Like this post
LimestoneRock

Likes # 0

Under the "Junk" logo, can't you just tick "Add sender to blocked sender list"?

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Yes Limestone I've done that. Must do it again, and also add senders domain, and see what happens.

Thanks all!

h

Like this post
billbo1970

Likes # 0

I was getting inundated with these as well. A simple solution is to use Outlook to access all of your email accounts. Then configure a rule to PERMANENTLY DELETE all messages with MAX-GENTLEMEN in the subject line and apply it to ALL ACCOUNTS. Then you won't see them anymore and won't have as much garbage to sift through. You can edit this rule to include other keywords in the subject line that are definitely spam.

Bill

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi billbo

That looks a good one! I've just done it and FYI it also works with Windows Live Mail.

thanks

h

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...