We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

AVI to DVD program....

madzad

Likes # 0

I have until now being using X to dvd program to convert and burn my home movies, all was fine until I installed service pack 1 for windoes 7. Now the program crashes and says there is a major problem, go see the log, which is full of data of which I have no idea....

Can anyone please pass me into the right direction pls

Thanks

madzad uk

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Have a look at the free "Any Video Converter"

http://tinyurl.com/374joh

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

No certain if flick works with W7 but if so its just the job link" target="_blank">http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php">link text

Like this post
madzad

Likes # 0

Thanks guys.... AM running the Any video converter at the mo. Fingers crossed all goes well so I can burn my own wedding video!!

Once agasin many thanks. If it doesnt work, in the imortal words of Arnie... "I'll be back!" lol...

Cheers mad UK

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

On a similar note (sorry don't think a new thread is necessary)

Best batch converter for .ts to .mpg?

My Hauppage Tuner Card auto converts but it's not very good. Missing ends or half the recording 50/50.

Just wanna save some ext disc space.

If too complicated I will make a new thread

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

You could try Freemake Video Converter, you can get it from PCA Downloads link text It has quite an extensive list of supported formats including .ts and .mpg, and its pretty fast.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

Can you confirm Any Video Converter worked properly.

I have downloaded it and it says you can only get Three Minutes unless you are prepared to upgrade to 'Pro'?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

You probably aint got the free version link text

Like this post
madzad

Likes # 0

Any converter worked after a lot of messing around as in using it to convert to dvd and using the burn program after, but there are no chapters or menu and it takes an age to run......

Thanks everyone who posted

IM off to buy a new PC or lappy... my advice, steer clear of service pack one of windoes 7....lol..

cheers

Mad UK

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

DVD Flick works on W7, because I have recently used it convert *.wmv to DVD. David

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Well done David might have saved him some bother if he'd tried it himself

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites