We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blocking Facebook icon pop up

Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Recently, almost every site I visit or email I receive has a pop up Facebook icon which invites me to share or post it on Facebook. I have managed to block it on Incredimail by going to Tools > Options > Emails > Facebook Settings and then removing all the checks involving Facebook. Does anyone know of a way I can do this on Internet Explorer? Its driving me mad!! Also, can anyone tell me how to mark a thread as answered or settled? I've forgotten how to do it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

http://simple-adblock.com/ this might stop the Facebook pop-up, but I do not use Facebook or IE so can't be sure.

To mark a Thread as resolved click on the grey tick on any one of the items on the right-hand side of the thread, this should then turn Green indicating thread solved.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, Nontek, but that doesn't work. I have already tried it.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

The add blocker, I mean. Thanks for the info re resolved thread.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features