We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

delete Windows 7 os

theearlofsabden

Likes # 0

Hi all

I'm running Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems on my PC. I have a choice on boot up to pick either.

How do I delete Windows 7 from appearing on the boot up screen, I only want to boot in XP.

Thanks.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you want to keep Windows 7 but boot instead into XP first then click on this link.

http://www.lytebyte.com/2009/02/05/how-to-change-the-default-os-boot-order-between-windows-7-and-vista/

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Steps to Uninstall Windows 7 1.Start Windows XP. 2.Insert Windows 7 ISO DVD into DVD drive. 3.Press ‘Win + R’ to open Run command prompt. 4.Type [DVD Drive Letter]:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force and click on OK. Note: Add the name of your DVD drive in [DVD Drive Letter] field.

5.Remove DVD from your drive and reboot the system. 6.Your computer will boot up with Windows XP installation. 7.Now you can either format the drive/partition containing Windows 7 or manually remove files of Windows 7. 8.Finally remove Boot.BAK and BootSect.BAK from root system folder of Windows XP. Don’t delete these files if you have another operating system installed other than Windows XP.

Alternate Method: Simply format the drive/partition that contains Windows 7 files and repair your system with Windows XP installation CD for any booting errors.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback