We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need help buying new computer

hurst101

Likes # 0

hi,

I have had my computer for around 7 years (windows xp)and i am looking to get a new one. I have found that my computer has become slower and dated. I found this out when i had to update the word packages and stuff like that.

I mostly use my pc for gaming and recently brought new game which don't work to good. Its just it takes time to load or install, if I do login the graphics are poor and slow , lines of works missing or in a weird scribe. moves in the game stall the games.

game that don't do to good if this info helps. sid meiers civilization v football manager 20011 (slow at watching game in 3d slow and poor all over) empire total war

thanks for you help if you can help me. any advice is welcome and needed, if you need any other info please fill free to post here. ;)

thanks Mr Hurst

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If you need this information may I suggest you include your budget - ie: minimum/maximum spend. There are are "expert" gamers on here more than willing to give advice - unfortunately I am not one of them.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Always useful to know what sort of budget you have, otherwise how are we going to be able to make an informed suggestion.

Like this post
EARLR

Likes # 0

Warning Windows7 wont play alot of older games

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I haven't come across a game Windows 7 will not play,and I can go back to Serious Sam FE and SE.

Like this post
EARLR

Likes # 0

I am not trying to hijack thread but I cannot get Age of Empires to play on my new win 7 machine.

Like this post
hurst101

Likes # 0

hey

thanks for your post.I say around 500 to 750 would be about right.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback