We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Partitioned drive

pittza

Likes # 0

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire PC with C drive partitioned to make a F data drive, is it possible to make C drive bigger by moving the partition? at the moment they are equal. Thanks.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm The home/free edition will do want you want very simply.

Like this post
pittza

Likes # 0

Thanks.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Why make the C drive bigger? Normally you would move your data, Documents, Pictures, Music etc to the Other partition and leave just the OS and program files on the C partition. That way if you ever have to re-install the OS your data is safe.

Also note that in Vista and Windows 7 there is a built in partition manager. Drop a post back if you want details on either option.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Just seen your post, and if you do as Taff suggests the easiest option is

Create a folder (documents) on a drive with space to spare.

From the desktop, right click My Documents and change the default (highlighted) to the location of the new folder (or use browse for it)., when entered select MOVE and all you My documents files will be moved to the new folder, creating a lot more space on your C drive.

Access is exactly the same, and all new files will automaticly go to the new location.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia