We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Place a picture behind a table Word 2007

tonyq
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all, when I place a picture behind a table in Word 2007,the contents of the cell at the left hand top corner of the inserted picture moves upward (off centre)in the cell. How can I stop the contents of the cell moving position?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

It's puzzling why the corner of the picture frame would effect the text in the top left cell but this seems to only happen when the top corner of the picture frame and the table are in line.

If you make the picture frame slightly larger than the table the text will hopefully correct itself, this was the only way I could get it to work.

If the picture is the same size as the table and you want the sides to line up would need to add a white boarder to allow for the overlap.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

recap,

I tried what you suggested or as near as I can find with regards to size and position. All seemed well so I saved. When I reopened the file,the content of the cell had moved again. So why/what as saving to do with it?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Had another look and had the same problem after saving the doc so will have another look, there must be a solution somewhere. The problem still seams to the a conflict between the two frames Picture/table.

A little more information may help me find a solution, no guarantees.

Is the table and picture covering the whole page or just a small section with text on the rest of the page?

Do you have more than one table with a picture behind?

If you only have a picture behind one table I may have a solution.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

BRYNIT

just the one the table covers about half of the page,and I need the one picture to go behind the table taking only a small area. Nothing else on the page. I hope this is the info you wanted.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Delete the picture you have.

With the table in place click on the page layout tab/watermark

Click on custom watermark toward the bottom

Select picture watermark and then select the picture.

Try using a picture that is about the right size.

If you don’t want the picture faded remove tick from washout

If you don’t want the picture to fill the page reduce its size via scale to 50% you can readjust the position and size afterwards.

Now to adjust/move the picture, right click at the top of the page and select Edit Header you should now be able to click on the picture to adjust the size and move the picture anywhere on the page. As the picture is now the watermark it will not conflict with the table.

Due to the Picture being part of the Header/footer the picture may look washed but will show its full colours if you view it from from print preview.

Like this post  
tonyq

Likes # 0

BRINIT

when I right click at the top of the page there's no "Edit Header"

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi Tonyq

I've been following your thread with interest.

Assuming I have understood what you are trying to do, I have just done this but in Word 2003, not 2007, but I would think the principle would be the same.

I put a picture in a text box, then Right-clicked on the box to 1) remove the lines of the text box, 2) change the order to 'Send to Back'?

The result was the picture showing through the grids of the table, with ability to put text in the table as normal, ie without shifting the picture.

I don't know if this is of any help to you, but thought it might be worth a try.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

AroundAgain,

thank you for your input,I have tried your suggestion,but once again the content of one of the cells moved off centre (upward)

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

After inserting the picture. Try clicking on the insert tab/Header go down to wards the bottom and select edit header you should now be able to select the picture and resize/move it.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

BRYNIT

Your "Posted Yesterday at 3:53PM" and "Yesterday at 10:12PM" Seems to have worked.

Thank you to you all, for your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow