We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Place a picture behind a table Word 2007

tonyq
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all, when I place a picture behind a table in Word 2007,the contents of the cell at the left hand top corner of the inserted picture moves upward (off centre)in the cell. How can I stop the contents of the cell moving position?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Try the anchor . Right click on image symbol of anchor.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

I don't seem to have a symbol of a anchor!.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Odd, I'm trying to remember the old version (I'm using 2011) let's see:

http://word.tips.net/T001743PicturesMoveontheir_Own.html

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Now I remember, you need to set the picture "In-line" as per the link:))

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

tonyq - I don't get the anchor either until I restart Word after setting the options as described. I use the option to place the picture behind text which means the text appears on top of the image.

One tip though. When you insert the picture and place it behind text I struggle to then reselect it unless when I size it originally I leave one border slightly extended beyond the boundaries of the table itself. (Only has to be a fractional amount.)

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Taff,

"When you insert the picture and place it behind text I struggle to then reselect it"

That's another of my problems!

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

If that first tip doesn't work I'll give you another. If the document is just one page and unlikely to change try putting the image into the header. Use the behind text format and move it to the correct location. You can easily go back into the header to just resize or move it at any time.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Taff,

I can't seem to stop the contents of the cell moving what ever I try, but I have found out how to re-select the picture. Using Word 2007, Go to Home-Editing(Far Right)-Select-Select Object. You should now be able to click on the picture.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Thanks for that tip tonyq. I`ll try that out tomorrow.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Right click the image, select Size and Position, On the Position tab select Alignment under Horizontal.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad