We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook Express

March Wind
Resolved

Likes # 0

Using Windows XP and Outlook Express, also Mail. I would like to use only (O.E). I do not know how to delete address that I think I do not need. I am getting mixed up on which to click on. I have tried to go into Tools then Account using OE but there isn't an Account to delete the ones I think I do not need. Could you tell me please how do I find accounts in OE as it isn't under Toopls?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

The link below tells you how to Uninstall live mail, so that is step one.

Before you do, make a note of your email settinfgs (or post your ISP and I will find then for you)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938275

Note your email address and password down as well (don't post them here though)

Like this post  
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

All accounts in OE6 are Tools->Accounts. Click the 'mail' tab, if you want to see only email account(s)

If there is nothing there, then you haven't set up an account there

I have Win XP but have never had Win Mail. It's on Vista, though

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

AroundAgain

I think the idea here is to get rid of Live Mail (which is truly awful to use)And set up an email account in Outlook Express.

At least I think that's what March Wind is trying to do.

I've never seen it on XP either, but the article states it will work so I guess it was offered as an optional download. (Windows Live Essentials)

Perhaps installed by mistake?

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Thank you for your reply. Looks as if the prob has gone. But I do have one left to do with email. I am sending pic 9 in total at 600picels but the email keeps saying error after along time of sending. Do you think it is because there are too many pic?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Yes, try reducing the number.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

My understanding of the OP was how to find the email account in OE.
My apologies if I've misunderstood

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Around Again. You were right but the prob was sorted. I think I was trying to find Accounts whilst in new mail. I found it when I only had outlook up and not in new mail. Then I went onto another prob but all is well now. Thank you all for your help.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

x

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers