We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burning a dvd with Final cut pro!

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks,A family member has made and edited a film using final cut pro!She is using a Mac and now wants to burn the final edit/file to dvd so it will play on a dvd player.She has been having some hassles along the way,the Mac was spitting out the blank dvd's etc(it turned out that the cd/dvd writer was only compatible with Dvd-r!)but managed to complete her film.I am not familiar with a Mac at all and she is a bit of a novice.I was just wondering if anyone here could please ofer any help/advice as to how to go about burning the saved file to dvd?Any help is much appreciated.Thank you.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

hello old friend!

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/990073

Just purchased a sef spec. imac (delivery next week, and FCP so It's a learning curve here too @

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link crosstrainer2.I shall forward it on to her!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Not familiar with Mac and alas DVD flick dont work with Mac but this from the smae stable I think may be worth a look its free link" target="_blank">http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html">link text

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi eedcam!That link isn't working for me I'm afraid?

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

I managed to get it from google.Thanks pal!Here it is for anyone else who may need it. http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Morning folks. She's still having some trouble burning to dvd and is panicking as it's got to be done Asap!She tells me that it was converting/compressing for a few hours and got to 99% but failed to complete because an Audio track dropped?I'm not at all familiar with Final cut pro but if anyone who is could offer some help/advice on how to burn a finalcut pro project to dvd I/she would be very greatful.Thank you.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Hi hiwatt,

I haven't got my copy or machine yet, but ive been genning up.

When your sister say's dropped tracks, does she mean audio or video?

I'm on the support site, just want to clarify with a tad more info :))

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Thanks crosstrainer2.It was audio tracks it dropped.While compressing it got to 99% then failed but she can't remember the exact message.Thanks for your help.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Okay. This may be tough at distance, but I'll give it a go.

1 Pass the link below on to your sister now, it may well resolve her problem, but at least we have made a start.

I have applecare, so can contact an advisor, only problem is it's not active until Thursday offically

BUT I have a friend @ imac experts, she starts work at 11 our time.

Tell her not to panic just yet....It could be as simple as a duff DVD batch.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2674724?start=0&tstart=0

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Can't post those links here, have to copy and paste a few soloutions.

1) I think the share function is lacking. It ties up a lot of system resources for fcp. you could do a faster mpeg encode in compressor and have a lot more control of menu etc in DVDSP

2)You don't use compressor to make the DVD, you use DVD Studio Pro.

In DVDSP, direct the output as a disk image and you can burn as many copies as you'd like.

If that doesn't work, your drive is not working properly.

3)Do you get any sort of error# message?

Can you do a 'save as disc image'?

What media are you using?

A few for starters

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...