We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to keep my webcam microphone as default microphone using Skype?

Triprajul

Likes # 0

Greetings:

Recently I purchased a Logitech HD webcam Pro 9000. I installed it as per instructions but when I first used with Skype (BTW, I only use Skype for internet telephoning), the webcam microphone wasn't immediately functioning. I had to go into Skype and switch from the, I think, laptop microphone setting(if my laptop even has one) to the microphone built into the webcam. The switch seemed to work fine. However, today when we received a phone call on Skype, the person calling could see us but couldn't hear us but we could see and hear him clearly. When I immediately checked the audio settings in Skype, in the drop-down menu for audio settings for selecting the appropriate microphone, there was only one microphone to select but it wasn't my webcam microphone. The microphone in my brand-new Logitech webcam wasn't even listed therefore I couldn't select to turn it on. Basically, how can I make sure that my webcam microphone is always the default microphone whenever I use Skype? My OS is Vista Basic and any information given is greatly appreciated.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

It's a laptop? Do you leave the Logitech plugged in all the time? If not, Skype may default to the laptop.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In tools>Options>Video settings make sure that Video is working, then click on Save at bottom of window.

Next go to Tools>Options again and click on Audio Settings, make sure that Logitech Mic (Pro 9000) is shown, use drop-down arrow if necessary, talk or make a noise to ensure that Volume indicator is working. Tick box for Automatically adjust microphone settings. Click on Save at bottom of window.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Open Control Panel, Click on Hardware and Sound, Under Sound click on Manage audio devices then on the recording tab highlight the webcam and then set default.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks